Wednesday 27 January 2016

Why the long silence?

 I haven't been updating this blog for awhile, but not due to lack of climbing news in Powell River.

Matt Hodgson has been crushing, developing a whole new bouldering area across the river in the Eldred, with a new zipline access.
 There's been ascents on the Buttress, and new stuff at the lake bluffs as well.

I haven't been posting because I'm back in school, living in Vancouver, and have been very busy working on opening a co-op climbing gym in Powell River. Between that, school, work, and climbing as much as possible in Squamish, I've been a bit out of the loop with the actual climbing scene in PR.

 For anyone who doesn't know, check out our website, at prclimbinggym.com for info, and join our FB page "Powell River Climber's Co-op" for updates as they come.

 In the mean time, enjoy a few videos! The first is one I made of one of the most recent problem's I've established in Squamish.  It might take me a while to get the hang of filming and editing, but I cant wait to start making some videos of the climbing in PR this coming season.

 Enjoy! https://vimeo.com/150876433  <--- Click there to see the vid.

 Here's one I dug up of Matt H getting the FA of Inverted Academics (V6) in the Eldred. I busted my knee on the second ascent and still can't do certain kinds of heel hooks. Injury aside, it's a really unique, must do problem in B Branch.

Inverted Academics, FA, V6 - Matt Hodgson  <--- Click there for the video of Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment